Ph.D. Candidate of Computer Engineering Track, in Progress
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
Prairie View A&M University
Master's Degree in Computer Science, December 2015
Computer Science Department, GPA 4.0
Prairie View A&M University
Main subjects: Advanced Algorithms, Advanced Database Systems, Research Method, Distributed Programming, Computer Architecture
Title of the Thesis: ”A Template-based Seismic Data Analytics Cloud Platform”.
Master's Degree in Computer Application, April 2003
Communication and Computer Engineering College, GPA 3.4
Southwest Jiaotong University
Main subjects: Software Engineering, Computer Network, Combinatorial Mathematics, Information Theory
Title of the Thesis: ”Research of Automatics Parallelization of Sequential Program”.
Bachelor's Degree in Applied Mathematics, June 2000
Mathematics Department, GPA 3.1
Main subjects: Calculus, Linear Algebra, Programming Language, Data Structure, Mathematical Model, Database.
Title of the Thesis: ”Building a prototype with Delphi for B/S Multi-Layers Database System”.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES and MEMBERSHIPS
HONORS and AWARDS
- No 2 of the best research poster, 2016, Mission-Critical Big Data Analytics (MCBDA) workshop.
- Travel grant, IEEE CloudCom 2015, Vancouver, Canada.
- Outstanding graduate student, Roy G. Perry College of Engineering, 2015, Prairie View A&M University
- Graduate Assistantship, Department of Computer Science, From 2013 to 2015, Prairie View A&M University
- Outstanding senior design project, Department of Mathematics, Hebei University.
- Scholarship, From 1996 to 2000, Hebei University.
02/16 - Now CREDIT Center, Prairie View A&M University
- Research is focus on processing big military data on cloud computing platform. Including video streaming data and semantic web data processing with Apache Spark.
08/13 - 12/15 Department of Computer Science, Prairie View A&M University
- Research is focus on processing big binary data on cloud computing platform. The core developer of project supported by NSF CRI program award #1205699 and Domain-Specific Data Analytics Cloud from NSF I-Corps and NSF AIR-TT
05/10 - 04/13 Geeya Technology Co. Ltd
- Leader of R&D center, focus on DVB Set Top Box (RTOS/Linux based) and Smart Set Top Box (Android based) products development.
- Be in charge of newbie training, project management, planning for new products and communication with partners and network operators.
05/03 - 04/10 Sunmedia Technology, a member of Sunplus Group, Taiwan
Software Engineer & Department Manager
- Focus on Board Support Package (BSP), middleware and application development on embedded system development.
- Newbie training, projects management of the R&D department, project planning and process management, quality assurance and customer support etc.
- Yuzhong Yan, Mahsa Hanifi, Liqi Yi, and Lei Huang, “Building a productive domain-specific cloud for big data processing and analytics service”, Journal of Computer and Communications, published in Vol. 3, Issue 5, pp. 107-117. 2015, doi:10.4236/jcc.2015.35014.
- Yuzhong Yan, Nicholas Del Rio, Timothy Lebo, Lei Huang and Lijun Qian, “Performance Evaluation of Big RDF Data on Cassandra”, the First Workshop of Mission-Critical Big Data Analytics 2016, May 16-17, Prairie View, TX
- Lei Huang, Yuzhong Yan, Chao Chen and T. E. Clee, “Applying Big Data Analytics to Seismic Interpretation,” the 2016 Rice Oil & Gas HPC Conference, Houston, TX, March 2-3, 2016
- Chao Chen , Yuzhong Yan , Xishuang Dong and Lei Huang, “A Scalable and Productive Workflow-based Cloud Platform for Big Data Analytics,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data Analysis, (ICBDA 2016) Hangzhou, China, March 12-14, 2016
- Yuzhong Yan, “A Template-based Seismic Data Analytics Cloud Platform”, Dec, 2015, Master’s Thesis of Prairie View A&M University
- Yuzhong Yan, Chao Chen, Lei Huang, “A Productive Cloud Computing Platform Research for Big Data Analytics”, In Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and science (CloudCom15), Nov. 30-Dec. 3, Vancouver, Canada.
- Yuzhong Yan, Lei Huang, Liqi Yi, "Is Apache Spark Scalable to Seismic Data Analytics and Computations?", Workshop of Big Data in the Geosciences, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2015), Oct. 29 - Nov. 1, 2015, Santa Clara, CA.
- Yuzhong Yan, Lei Huang, “Large-scale Image Processing Research Cloud", In Proc. of Fifth International Conference on Cloud Computing, GRIDs, and Virtualization (Cloud Computing 2014), May 25 - 29, 2014, Venice, Italy
- Shen, X., Sarker, S., Lee, K., Yan, Y., Liang, Z., Huque, Z., and Kommalapati, R.R. (2014) Impact of current and future transportation on air quality in Houston. Proceedings of Air & Waste Management Association 107th Annual Conference & Exhibition. June 24-27, 2014, Long Beach, California, USA.
- Yuzhong Yan, Li Shi, “Research and Porting of MiniGUI on Embedded Linux”, Jan, 2003, Microcontroller and Embedded System
- Yuzhong Yan, “Research of Automatics Parallelization of Sequential Program and a New Design Idea”, Apr, 2003, Master’s Thesis of Southwest Jiaotong University
PRESENTATIONS and INVITED TALKS
- “Multi-languages Support on Cloud Computing Platform”, 4th Annual STEAM Research Symposium, 2014, Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, Texas.
- “A Cloud-based Workflow Platform for Big Data analytics with Apache Spark”, 13th Annual Pathways Student Research Symposium, 2015, Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, Texas.
- “Real-time Video Streaming Analysis using Apache Spark”, Mission-Critical Big Data Analytics Workshop, May, 2016, Prairie View, Texas.
- “A Spark-based Seismic Data Analytics Cloud”, Rice Oil & Gas HPC Workshop, March, 2015, Houston, Texas